Re: A sense of scale

From: jorganos <joe_at_z4gfTKbidxTBC1Gg5sU-wEJNVQnsjLBWDWuhl4-GkYWXuWT17Q3_MtqRwB50eEWbUiDbgBsd>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:48:07 -0000

> Copper is likely quite common in Esrolia, Prax (the locals just don't know it), Pelanda, Saird, and plenty of other places. But tin is going to be rarer.

There is a huge copper deposit in the Wastes, finely ground metallic copper.

I'm not so sure about Esrolia - she is not dead, she is sleeping. I would search closer to the Caladran chain, where real world geology might look for copper minerals, too - we still have the wrestling match between the feathered snake and the squirming earth being of the Vent myth which may have left copper bones.

Tin isn't that tricky - it is likely to be found where star entities fought, and there are plenty local myths of such interactions.

>> Umath was shredded to pieces by Jagrekriand, forming among others the Shan Shan mountains and the Thunder Delta.

> So some say. Fwiw, Umath's body crashed significantly north of the Thunder Delta - which means going deep into the White Sea to get your bronze (a nice twist on the amber trade). The Shan Shan are probably Kralorela's source of bronze - meaning you have to deal with potential hostile Hsunchen bands to get your bronze.

We know about the Brass Mountains in Carmania as a source for (sort of) bronze, and lacking any other air god connection, shreds of Umath would work there.

I have no idea where the East Isles or Vithela stand wrt access to metal. The Avanparloth don't appear to have left any deposits behind, the Apdara are mostly underworld or sea entities, all the other battles are on their western interface with the rest of Glorantha.

If we go for a polynesian look and feel, advanced stone tools are a possibility for many islands, even for civilized ones.