Re: Clan generation questions

From: donald_at_ZA-Xoh5wCRRQUBQSU__U3jWRFQmLLNIYkDbSyXEUWa1MAl28-JyKZDlIbCLa8rGdNLX4e
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:32:32 -0000

> Runes: Greatest amount of checks to least amount. Air(5), Fire(5), Earth(3), Movement(1), Harmony(1)
> What do I do with these?

> /// Wow, that is an odd heortling clan. So much fire ! My guess is men worship a lot Elmal, the orlanthi
> ///Sun God. Perhaps the Chief is an elmali ? But since there's a lot of Air, too, there are orlanthi. I can
> ///see the clan divided between elmali and orlanthi bloodlines, but united by... something stronger.
> ///Could be anything. Common ancestry (a Star Captain loved an air nymph, or something) ? A Sacred
> ///Spot to both Orlanth and Elmal ?

Or a lot of women follow Redalda which seems to be the only women's fire cult. Traditional women's magic (Earth & Harmony) is relatively weak so I'd expect a fair number of Vingans as well. Redalda is the horse goddess so the clan will have lots of good strong horses.

> Know ritual to peacefully interact with Praxians. What's a ritual? Is it like a spell?
> /// It's probably more a few words of praxian and some sacred signs that mean "I'm
> ///no bastard outlander, I'm an old friend". Means at least these savages won't charge
> ///you on sight. Also, it's with one of the praxian tribes only probably (they all hate each
> ///other, besides hating all foreigners. Prax is a bad place).

They're going to need this because Praxian's have an especial hatred for horses and those who ride them. It could be a reputation for being able to outfight the nomads because in Sartar horses make much better mounts than the Praxian herd beasts.

--
Donald Oddy