Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: donald_at_G2NeYp16RAm4KbHTxD3Dfz5ol8SsYj6iqMO6iYVBPI_qoJs1k1ODdUUm8tGP8gVb4ZYBp
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:38:57 -0000

Nick

> Peter writes
>
> "My general belief is that acquisition of a chaotic nature can only come
> about through a magical ritual or to put it simply: one cannot become
> chaotic through bad works alone,"
>
> Though I remember it being said that committing the act of rape could turn
> you into a broo, so at the very least there are rituals one can commit
> without being aware of it.

I think the distinction is that all acts of rape are claimed by Thed as worship. For cannibalism there are other gods than Cacademon who will accept the sacrifice. The ritual might be as simple as the prayer you speak while killing and/or eating. While Uz and Aldryami will have simple rituals I think Men need much more complex ones to avoid becoming chaotic.

--
Donald Oddy