Re: Broo Miniatures

From: Howard <green27_at_ydxseuHXo48AofK_sopXRsT21cUto_okrOw_Pjkd3kt30Y58I5XAUmdReYjhMXaGD4Yw>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:37:17 -0000

Thanks for the link - some of those look not bad. I like the shield designs a lot, but the Marble Phalanx pikemen poses are very poorly chosen, IMO. Why wouldn't they do a normal pike pose like all the historical ranges out there? This looks like some sort of "frozen in mid action" pose and I don't think 1) looks very good in the first place, and 2) is going to look stupid when you have a whole unit of them. And how are you going to rank them up? The semi-kneeling pose looks like it might be used for front rank only, but what about 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranks?

Some of the other poses are odd as well - the archer that is "not-quite" kneeling, etc.