Re: Thesim Initiates

From: hcarteau_at_yLMKhqrD4XduQyxMrOFHtOEoXuYTCpoEMod1TkHYKCQ4-3jqJ8xdbIQvmbrJvMg4XbE
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:11:36 +0100 (CET)

Do you have to be an initiate in a cult to use magic that is supernatural? (a rune affinity over 1W)
/// If you're under 1M in any rune you're not an initiate, and cannot use your Rune directly, only as an augment (Air 17 can give +2 to strength, endurance, etc. Air 1M can be a Feat like "Control Winds", "Fly" etc.)

I have players coming from a D&D background where a cleric dosen't really have to do anything in game to be able to cast spells. I know that initiates have to spend at least 30% of there time devoted to their god. What does this involve?
/// Doing what your God did. If he fought, you fight. If he traded, you trade. If he hunted, you hunt, etc. Plus you attend all the major ceremonies of your clan.

What does a temple look like? Is it like a church? One player is an initiate of Lhankor Mhy and the other of Yinkin.
/// It's rural, and somewhere on the Glorantha website are drawings of all temples used in the "King of Dragon Pass" computer game. Only the Great Gods Orlanth and Ernalda have proper God Halls. The other are small shrines, often natural features like a tree, rock, etc. where worshippers gather. Forget the analogy with catholic churches : all temples are quite different from each other.