Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: Paul King <paul_at_1aEr9CkvkrUlszJiIJQX55W5bUeHRJwt8HZa2m0WuITSm8815-M5pnnUUtBZDriBIlG_9J5>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:55:13 +0000

On 29 Nov 2011, at 13:42, simon_hibbs2 wrote:

> And I'm saying that in Glorantha, those are the same thing because in that world the act's mythic resonance is an inseparable part of the nature of the act.

But there are ways in which it could make a difference. I've suggested a few - some people being more susceptible than others, following different myths to commit the act with a greatly reduced chance of becoming chaotic.

I know that cause and effect in Godtime is a bit dodgy, but the story we get is that Ragnaglar rapes Thed, then Thed becomes Goddess of Rape, then they perform the ritual which summons Chaos. This order doesn't make a lot of sense if rape is chaotic in and of itself.