Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: Glass <glass_at_Igmqrk3sGzB-TIAUmxl9SG9us-O1rRttXLPtRbP6t9J_0tJoBSoY3_Mt8svUAx8K-74lJP>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:15:38 -0000

[...]

> I know that cause and effect in Godtime is a bit dodgy, but the story we get is that Ragnaglar rapes Thed, then Thed becomes Goddess of Rape, then they perform the ritual which summons Chaos. This order doesn't make a lot of sense if rape is chaotic in and of itself.

Strikes me that any time we have to say "goddess or god" OF something, we're at one remove from the deity being identical to the phenomenon. Otherwise we'd just factor out the gods and interact with essences.

Thed's a special case because she's a skinless ghost, but while we appreciate Orlanth through the storm, Orlanth is more than the storm. Yelm is the emperor and the sun, sometimes an archer too.

For what it's worth, the ogres worship Cacodemon, son of the devil who is the "god of" anarchy, not cannibalism. And he looks like Satan from South Park. The theists reflect on the myth, the atheists do the crimes, the animists propitiate the big bad red man.