Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_ZRWdCwSyz2GIEV-HTUG2TeCnrqqZSnqdpb_wbvd2rsrfEZDn7nd6Za-vv9xX3C3G>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:35:49 -0000

Ok. I think that in the same vein that accidentally dropping a stone on your father's head is unintentional manslaughter while deliberately doing so is premeditated murder. At some level they're both still patricide though. You're still in big trouble with the gods. Peter's right on this.

> I know that cause and effect in Godtime is a bit dodgy, but the story we get is that Ragnaglar rapes Thed, then Thed becomes Goddess of Rape, then they perform the ritual which summons Chaos. This order doesn't make a lot of sense if rape is chaotic in and of itself.

Not dodgy, distracting and meaningless. You can't construct an argument based on the temporal relationship between things that have no actual meaningful temporal relationship. That aspect of the story is just a side effect of translating the mythic facts into something more easily intelligible to mortal minds.

Simon Hibbs