Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_Uut5_nA5mJErcdKNY6ts4nRwR_RtTxuMZ2o_dSP-ek1DJdFD_j8598-eHVn66GDj>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:40:09 -0000

I thought you were saying that Cacodemon isn't the god of cannibalism. Maybe you're right. glorantha.com says he's god of anarchy.

I would expect the Cannibal Cult to be animists, not theists so there's that. Also I haven't seen a Cannibal Cult writeup so I really don't know what their magic is like or what their myths are.

>On 11/29/2011 11:44 PM, simon_hibbs2 wrote:
>>
>> Agree completely, but would just add that chaos magic by definition
>>is magic that annihilates the soul.
>I've pointed out before that the souls of the Thanatari severed heads
>are not annihilated.

I was actually thinking of the caster of the magic sacrificing their soul in the process, not the head-taking magic destroying the soul of the victim. However I suspect that 'Consume Mind' may well do the trick. I suppose it's arguable.

It wouldn't be the only chaos cults that can corrupt the soul of a victim. Bagog's Ritual of Rebirth certainly does, as does Pocharngo the Mutator's Corruption magic. Or at least they did in RQ3 anyway.

Simon Hibbs