Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: David Cake <dave_at_xVtZdhccdaJyYp8qsTaaZImVXFo_V2G6PJm25ISn3AGx9BCQS63Uubf8RBeq7IV777bGKcS>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 12:02:48 +0800

On 04/12/2011, at 2:02 PM, Jeff wrote:

>> What about Castle Blue, then? She supposedly proved herself a part of the Compromise, whether the Theyalans liked it or not.

> I'm not aware of any version of the story that states the "Red Goddess proved herself a part of the Compromise." The Orlanthi claim she survived the rigorous examination by the assembled deities of the Great Compromise, and by doing so created a wound in the universe by which Chaos can now enter.

        Ah, yes, the totally unbiased Orlanthi say that, effectively, she was tested to prove she was part of the Great Compromise, and she passed, so she must have cheated.

> The Dara Happans say she defeated the Rebel Gods, and the Lunars say she overcame all obstacles to have a greater part of the universe, not to prove herself a part of the Compromise.

	I've never heard Lunars sources really talk about the idea of Great Compromise either positively or negatively. It doesn't even really sound like how the Dara Happans would describe it either - they talk about it as when the Rebel Gods finally acknowledged that Yelm was right all along.
	Cheers
		David