Re: Sources for Hero quests

From: David Dunham <david_at_6L7Q9aBueBSiUEJyvWBajDBdmIjhIMZNUCuIQ-_fknsXJlttfRrcE2DOeieJrlgeWc478C>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 18:48:44 -0800

On 11 Dec 2011, at 09:26, Simon Phipp wrote:

> Question 4: How do I go about making a HeroQuest?
>
> 1. Find a suitable Myth.

This is definitely the easiest way, but I think about half the Seattle Farmers games involved making up our own myths. This solved the problem that the actual characters would know dozens if not hundreds of stories of their gods, and would be able to choose the relevant ones.

When I was GM, I would sometimes suggest minor alterations so that it felt a little more mythic and a bit less like an exact match for the problem the characters were trying to resolve. And when I ran it, I made sure there was always a heroquest surprise.

David Dunham