Re: English rules for 'Dieux Nomades'?

From: donald_at_7zDz_J0kxDLTUupYC1GR4qf912by13M8dQmpu5M2O9EKHJMIyoIx2EiwHe2QQXVyjkjUp
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:27:04 -0000

Keith

> I'm not implying that the game is perfect: no game is. But it tells a story through the
> medium of a game, and my view is that some of the story details have changed
> through the development of Glorantha in minor ways. Such as the dragonspine
> being more prominent.
>
> I think my point was how would you change the game to better reflect what we now
> know about the story rather than how would we change the game to make it easier,
> or more modern, or quicker or whatever.

Whereas I was thinking about how the story is told. I feel the mechanics of the games restrict the possibilities and limit their appeal to Gloranthan enthusiasts.

> I'm all for redesigns - I have a Praxian version of Monopoly, a Waha version of
> Citadels, a Pure Horse version of Credo, and many other variants of other games
> used to tell Gloranthan stories.

All of which games have much better mechanics than the Gloranthan hex board games. I'll have to see if I can find a modern hex board game which is suitable for re-theming in this sort of way.

--
Donald Oddy