Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid? (was: Vampirism)

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_7OgGQu1RC-p31bzR0uL0fc-GF4nmLvyK5kpAxdHApH3z7yN6vVGgIh_RPkzWVh>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:16:39 -0000

Oliver wrote:

> In the MRQ rules I would let vampires steal POW and divine spells (since the two are associated so closely). (There could certainly be other types of vampires around though I probably wouldn't use much variation in a region. Even in the RW people tended to believe the same things about the monsters that supposedly lived among them that their neighbours did).

I'd like to make the point that there should not really be enough vampires to have different "breeds" or "populations" in a region. So the Vampire in Elder wilds is The Vampire in the Elder wilds. The 2 vampires in the Rubble are The two vampires in the Rubble. There is not IMO a population of 1000 vampires wandering around Sartar. I don't know how many there are but it is a low number. There may be a groups that shares an origin (eg the Dancers of Darkness) but still, my estimate woudl be for almost no vampires (eg. 2 or 3) in Sartar, apart from the Dancers (not sure how many there are)