Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_3MH6TWfXbrZuIoCChRj8QCnjKqJsd-dXVS_bGRSjWZ7OvhrS2yw1a44E_naETEjh0HZ>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:30:19 +1300

On 12/19/2011 10:06 PM, David Cake wrote:
> I think Orlanthi are, in general, more likely to become draugr rather
> than vampires, and sorcerous cultures are more likely to become vampires.

There isn't any definitional distinction between Draugrs and Vampires. According to Viking Lore, a draugr is a walking corpse and can encompass anything from a Zombie, a Ghoul or Lich (in the sense of an undead magician). Some Draugr drank Blood which would make them vampires. The only restriction I can see is that they look like bloated corpses and so the Dancers of Darkness would be not be considered Draugrs even though many of their fellow undead are.

So IMO a Draugr is what the Orlanthi call most of the undead they see, except for skeletons and UILFs.

--Peter Metcalfe