Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_qKI1yHz04cv7tg-tLkCb60m4OOwVdQLbOLVxjN-pXpVH9_R3YX1oebuu6GtOPAwwVcv7>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:18:01 -0000

> There isn't any definitional distinction between Draugrs and Vampires.
> According to Viking Lore, a draugr is a walking corpse and can encompass
> anything from a Zombie, a Ghoul or Lich (in the sense of an undead
> magician). Some Draugr drank Blood which would make them vampires. The
> only restriction I can see is that they look like bloated corpses and so
> the Dancers of Darkness would be not be considered Draugrs even though
> many of their fellow undead are.

I am not sure we even used the word "Draugr" in Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes. I'm not sure it is a particularly Orlanthi word, especially since there are plenty of actual English words that mean the same thing ("ghost").

FWIW, the word the Sartarites use to describe all such things that are neither living nor dead is "Unlife". At least that's what you'll tend to see in future Gloranthan publications.

Jeff