Thank you for Glorantha!

From: ckubasik <christopherkubasik_at_ePraSh5uOEHenPET1cMADc4A7Dp-5g7Ms2vwohXSkC4BBiEu1g01rUxSV>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 02:47:15 -0000

Hi all,
I'm currently heading into my fourth session of playing in Glorantha with the Hero Wars rules.
I just wanted to say thank you.
I never played RuneQuest back in the day, so my introduction to the setting was with the release of Hero Wars. I picked up the game, along with Glorantha: Introduction to the Hero Wars, Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe and thought it was all terrific. A few months ago some friends said, "Hey, we want you to run that Glorantha game you've been talking about!"
So, I started hustling and grabbed the Lunar Handbooks, The Book of Heortling Mythology, the Barbarian Adventures books, and Dragon Pass: Land of Thunder.
We built a clan using the Clan Generation rules, came up with great characters, and I have been hustling to dig through the material even as we've played a few sessions. I might say it's all overwhelming (it is!) and yet... I'm having such a blast!
Tonight I'm building the timeline of the clan's history built with the Clan Generator, adding in details to the narrative along with glosses on the gods so my players have more details to play around with. It's work checking references and such (and thank goodness for the Glorantha wiki!). But I'm having such a blast sewing together my own storytelling instincts with the work others have already done. Really, I've been working hard this year on many projects and this holiday season I'm taking a nice vacation in a strange mix of anthropologist/archeologist/storyteller as I sift through the material and find the Glorantha is going to work for my Players and myself. I know everyone has their own view on the relative value of the different game lines. I'm just wanted to thank Greg and everyone who worked on the books I've mentioned above. They're full of color and detail and passion and life... and I'm having a terrific time even before I sit down to play with my Players! Thanks!Christopher