Re: Tusk riders reference

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_KvZs_EcGS0yYEsYYWEA_MqziOeyPIkj6cjx83B4q_TzK93dCHYw9UrdnjvjTFlllcpq>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:33:22 +1300

I decided to take a closer look at what's said about the history of the Tusk Riders.

"Tusk Riders are the offspring of Trolls and Men who allied
together during the

     Great Darkness."

     Borderlands and Beyond p46.

     An evolutionary chart depicting the appearance of Tusk Riders in the Lesser Darkness.

     Uz Lore p50.

"The actual origins of the tusk riders are unclear, though it is
known they first

     appeared during the Second Age."

     Gloranthan Bestiary: p43

"Aram-ya-Udram was a human, one of the original Founders of the
ancient

     Empire of the Wyrm's Friends. During the Long Night, before the Empire, he captured

     and fettered a black demon in Dragon's Pass, the Centre of the World."

     Elder Races Book p99

"Later after Aram's death, during the Second Council, [the Tusk
Riders] turn to worship

     the darkness demon guardian of their temple, and become the "halftrolls" of later times."

     History of the Heortling Peoples p5

Five sources and five answers!

Personally I think the Tusk Riders have alternated between human and halftroll in various degrees at various times.

--Peter Metcalfe