Re: Grimoire Ability rating

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_CGpyfrCHJZfXN9EorObyvFmappgillEVwJ_DR-W9bsibHRchOGzarZY2H_FzxQQP>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 11:30:16 +0100

On 6 Apr 2012, at 23:40, Mark wrote:

> I notice that some of the sample characters in Pavis seem to receive their Grimoire ratings as part of their keywords(Makor as part his Stonemason and Citizen of the Real City, Tolkazi as part of his Moon Rune) , yet the description on pg 365 and the HeroQuest rulebook both state that the Grimoire ability is itself a keyword. Of course, Lunars always are a bit weird, but that still leaves the others:) Was this an oversight? My big, fat guess is that it is in Makor's case, but I'm less certain about Tolkazi's.
>
> (Jorgar also gets hers as part of her Law rune ratin of course, but we already know how that works.)

No, both are deliberate. Makor gets his grimoire rating from his Stonemason keyword, any spells are of course breakouts. The Flintnail grimoire is inherently tied to the stonemason profession. Tolkazzi's grimoire rating is from his Full moon phase, there was a slight jiggle in the final character sheet to fit it in, so it should look like this:

What the Eye does not see (illusion/full moon phase) 1W Irripi Ontor Moon Phase

	(illusion) The object that does not exist
  	etc

Grimoires can be be keywords, but not in these cases. One of my aims with the characters was to show how the system can be adapted, changed and mixed up.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433