Pavis and Big Rubble Maps

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_y7WCu8rHaBuPF40bhV6WwB8xiftt5Phy1xVpj5HEhgKjvtbxmtKduuqb04moa3prLir>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:04:24 -0000

Hiya

It seems odd to me that the 4 main maps in Pavis:Gateway to Adventure (PGtA) are slightly off.

There are 4 main maps of Old Pavis / Big Rubble, dated approximately 831, 920, 1200, 1500 and, presumably, 1620. The first 4 are graphics, showing the wall outlines and various major areas within the walls. The last is a more detailed map showing the location of the built-up areas.

The first 4 maps have slightly different shapes, as though someone said "draw a map of the Rubble/Pavis in this year" rather than saying "Here is a schematic of the walls/hills, draw the rest in this year". So, when these are superimposed, the walls don't match up, very slightly.

Also, Map 5, the one of the modern Big Rubble, has a completely different shape. I am not sure if this is a matter of perspective, but it doesn't seem to be. The corner at Griffin gate seems almost non-existent, for example, where in the other maps it is quite pronounced.

I know that maps are a modern-day thing and the Big Rubble is mysterious and PCs wouldn't have a detailed map of the Big Rubble, yadda, yadda, yadda, but it is a bit frustrating to have to do extra work to try and line them up properly. One of the things that I like to do with the Big Rubble is to see what used to be in a location and work out how that affects what is there now. This is very difficult to do with the maps provided.

I tried looking at the Moon Design website to see if there are any maps available for download, but couldn't find any. In fact, PGtA wasn't mentioned as one of the headline supplements, just in a sidebar.

See Ya

Simon