Re: Forums are now up at the Moon Design home page

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_BSTdvKIWPRhYr87snpFA9WoS5hEc8BwWNJlMxQl3p3ho-01zkAGGjs6aY5IWhKPdsjW>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:37:10 -0000

David Scott:

> Those of you who want a better forum, better email, etc. Have you
> offered your services to Charles, Rick or Jeff? Or are you just
> happy to moan about what others are doing?

Ah, this old chestnut again.

I am a consumer. I buy things, I visit forums, read emails and so on. Occasionally I contribute to discussions.

If I see something that I dislike, or that I think could be better then I comment on those things. As a member of a forum/list or as a purchaser of a product that is my right. Also, as an Englishman, I have an unalienable right to complain about absolutely everything :-)

I have a job that, at the moment, takes up a huge amount of time. In my spare time, I write stuff for roleplaying games, GM a weekly game and have a wife to keep happy. This takes up most of what spare time I have.

I do not have the time to offer my services to the team. If I did then I am not sure what improvements I would be able to make as my web skills are limited - I can put together a reasonable website, but so can members of the team. If they wanted something written in Progress 4GL, then I'm their man, but somehow I doubt that would be the case.

There again, why should I be made to feel guilty that I cannot help somebody else improve their website/product?

See Ya

Simon