Re: Some input about a REALLY BIG mother

From: hcarteau_at_HJSzJ8IE3HweLAPsRy4tLWVaNNl-A2J_gQ4hY8b_VIZrv8HIb7UhDKMrTl8IBDIvsok
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:39:37 +0200 (CEST)

Well, in my humble opinion it's the other way around. Ability values give the impression something is possible. Why else would you need it for? Maybe I am too German for it, but if I tell my players "it is impossible" it is exactly that. /// Ah, I love comparing cultures - this is so german ! And one of the biggest differences between our folks. If you tell a french he can't (SOLL NICHT) do something, his first instinct is to find out how he can do it anyway. It's deeply ingrained in us. I'm not saying it's a good thing, it just is. In RPG as in the rest.

And by the way, I have absolutely no intention to have them fight the MoMs. They'll see it from their ships and quake in their boots, is all. Part of the scenic pamaltelan tour ! Besides, there's plenty of baddies to fight already.