Re: Sights and Sites and Points of Interests of Glorantha

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_XrU4l5SNkjH5vobieFiAno0TtOjyj6f66WzCg71myCis_ZqV15w7bct34K2hpRoc>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 19:30:43 +0100

On 9 Jun 2012, at 10:00, Pomeroi wrote:

> For now - as an actual "distress" - I look for illustrations of The Block, far and close.

One of my favourite is on the original Nomad Gods map, you can see the illo in the header of the Nomad Gods Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/300548573353935/

Pavis says "a half-mile on each side and a mile tall, flanked by hills of dirt."

The other one I know of is on the cover of RuneQuest Adventures 3 The Block. It involves an imaginative use of a black marker over a photocopied picture. Not bad for its time, I like the idea of some ruins of Genert's Garden in scene. You can see the cover here, it's much darker than my copy: http://index.rpg.net/pictures/show-water.phtml?picid=7444

There's another in Borderlands and Beyond (Moon Design), although it gives no sense of scale.

Not sure of any others.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.