Re: A question about Wizardry

From: Paul King <paul_at_7aNFCtYVDy-ISfpreq-DNFzrAU6Uf9J4SVgQ5fH1KgVKYW85qDTRtThcYdtWG712OlDJqWA>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:37:10 +0100

On 15 Oct 2012, at 18:21, Phil wrote:

> Paul King:

>>> a Theist can only get full use of
>>> Runes which match his God - which >means to get three Runes he needs >an aspect of a Greater God with the >right combination.

> I thought that the greater the god, the fewer runes? Umath is Storm, Orlanth is Storm + Movement, Orlanth Adventurous is Storm + Movement + Mastery, a hero subcult got 4 runes, etc. Note that this is mythologically rather than HQ game-mechanically.

That's not the way it seems to work in HQ2. Some Gods "own" particular Runes - but the greater the God, the more Runes. (In Sartar:Kingdom of Heroes Orlanth and Ernalda are the only Gods with three Runes, most have two and a few only have one). Even the subcults of Orlanth typically have two (and with the exception of Niskis, always Runes that Orlanth has).