Re: Donandar, Mercario, others? Acrobatic entertainer

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:46:02 +0100

On 07.11.2012 17:22, hcarteau_at_... wrote:

> I was not aware there is so much value in this HeroQuest 1.0 book. I don't know why, but since I last dropped it I never opened it again
> since - somehow without a good reason - I thought it to be rules only - au contraire!!
> /// Plenty of interesting stuff in there : theist cults, animist societies, sorcery schools... You never what you'll find in any Glorantha book.

Yes. yes, yes!! I am really happy you pointed this gem out to me!!! As I prefer my own RQ-like ruleset I once condemned this - misjudged of course! - rules-only book to the shelf. Now I can only recommend this wealthy _Gloranthan_ tome to anybody, independent of rules system.

> And thanks for the other hints and your long description. I have some pointers now.
> /// So what will this guy be like?

Oh, this is completely up to the player, and I do not expect to know much more myself, before some weeks time. I need to teach him the alternatives, give him some time to think and work it out with him. My group are eager players, but poor (if not to say unwilling) sages of Glorantha. Only I insist at least on a stable background to hopefully seed some more interest...

>> Alas, it seems such dubious persons as street acrobats are seen [...]

> ... and dubious he shall be!
> /// And so dies the concept of a Noble acrobat, with Pure Heart and Clean Motivations. RIP.

See above. Not all hope is gone, but at least I _expect_ him to be dubious adventurous, mischievous even, as he was taught bad manners on how he had been treated by others. (But his stats say, he probably can hide this quite well.) His nobility he could only inherit from his Dara Hapan background, but he despises those since too long...

Pomeroi