Re: Defender's Shore, Prax, Sea Season

From: hcarteau_at_...
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:23:35 +0100 (CET)

The lopers were the mounts (chalicopterus if I remember well) of the zaranistangi, a blue-skinned, blue-moon worshipping tribe coming all the way up from Melib and, well earlier, the Spike, who went on their way to retrieve their Godsword (they didn't) and kick godlearner ass (they did). See my article in RULE ONE magasine ! (yes, it's shameless self-advertising). So they're not, never were a praxian tribe, but made a strong impression on these maniacs.

This brings up an interesting question. What were the other Lost Tribes of Prax? We know their names: Nose-Horn, Long-Nose, Plains Elk, and Loper. But what are those? The Plains Elk are obvious. The Nose-Horns sound like rhinoceros, but those already exist. Are the Long-Noses elephants? Somehow that doesn't sound right to me--I have a hard time thinking of elephants in Prax for some reason. And Lopers? Kangaroos would fit the jumping quality implied in the name, but it does sound a little bit silly. Dik-diks?

        I'm interested because I'm thinking of having my Praxian campaign revive one of the Lost Tribes. The Eiritha character does a quest to give birth to the Herd Mother while the Waha character does the quest to recover the missing Herd Mother. So I want to figure out options.

Andrew E. Larsen