Becoming a Wyter

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_mailfass.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:40:52 +0100

Hi folks,

I read somewhere, generally any stable community - no matter the size - can have a wyter.

I am obliged to let the adventuring fellowship in my game have a wyter, a now dead founding member of that party. Searching the net, you find good explanations and examples for wyters, but never for _becoming_ one! All sort of questions arise. (I know, good GMs always advise: Whatever suits your game! But in this case I would cling a bit more to "standards" if there are any, so I can rely on some...)

Qs:
- Can this just happen? "Hello, I'm still here, now I am your wyter!" or
what kind of ceremony do we need?
- His lifetime feats and deeds define his powers. But how much of the
original personality persists? Does he even have an attitude or manners?
- Memory. Does he remember his life?

Any hints?

Pomeroi