Re: Re: Honey

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_Ny5c7Jle-x_hKXtIAi8N0GJkEMVz28mofmgbNNP2nNbx-Hg3o_W-SgbLaFNNbEtrek>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:16:41 -0500

Bo Rosén wrote:

> tor 2002-02-21 klockan 18.58 skrev KYER, JEFFREY:
> > Bo! Thank you!
>
> Happy to oblige.
>
> > I KNOW what one of the commodities the trader princes went to the
> Holy
> > Country for was!
> >
> > Flangian Diamonds and CHOCOLATE!
>
> Meaning no disrespect but I find it hard to swallow that this is _one_
> commodity. Other than that, I'm sure you are correct.

Chocolate, coffee and cocoa. You have no idea how fiercely the Spannish guarded their monopoloy on it during the 16-17th centuries. But actually, falangian diamonds do tie in with the Trader Princes but more on that another day. =)

There's lots of commodities but the problem is this: its got to be valuable, portable and transportable. Cocoa in brick format, is actually pretty robust.

> I will not ask how far north you find chocolate, or about chocolate
> Esrola. Really, I won't.

Do not mock our sacred rituals! No Soup for you!

But you're right. They probably all smoke tobbacco.

However, I've gotten way OT today - sorry. Had too much sugar.

Jeff