Re: Mythmaking

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:46:28 -0700

Charles

>However, it does seem that a consequence of your position is that
>the Dara Happan worldview is the right one,

I disbelieve all the convenient time spans in the Dara Happan mythology (e.g. Jenarong really ruled for exactly 100 years?), so I'm unwilling to believe that it's a true history. So while it contains truth, I don't think it's any more the "right" worldview than that of any other Gloranthan culture.

The important thing for playing in Glorantha is that each culture's mythology is true for them.

The Hero Wars will be interesting because it will bring them into conflict with each other. Will they modify each other (the way Dawn Age Heortlings and Dara Happans elaborated their mythologies by realizing that the Evil Emperor was Yelm, and Rebellus Terminus was Orlanth), or will the collision be more destructive?

--

David Dunham

End of Glorantha Digest