Re: Re: The "use it once in a lifetime" skill

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:22:02 -0500

>From: "Light Castle" <light_castle_at_...>
>
>Actually, that sounds like a good way to model any sort of rarely
>accessible but
>devastating power. Make it something like a spirit follower, give a
>relationship to the
>thing being tapped, and a resistance to overcome. I wouldn't use it for
>everything (I like
>the "watch all the personality buttons being pushed" approach myself) but I
>could see
>cases where it models things correctly.

The only concern that I'd have would be how balanced this would be. First, you'd want to charge at least the HP cost for a fetish of the appropriate power. Then the question is whether or not you'd be putting out practitioners by sorta stealing their thunder without having the limits of being a practitioner. Hard to say, but I might put a surcharge on such an ability. To make sure that the player understands how special the ability is.

Mike