Re: Playing the game

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:34:43 -0000

<snip>... how to use it. This creates the priest character, who might ask the
> character for a favor or something later (or who might become a
relationship
> or follower). The advantage of this method for me is that the
world gets
> more fleshed out as you use it.
>
> But that's just one way to deal with this sort of thing, and as
long as the
> group is on the same page, anything works fine.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike, this is very much like my thinking on this matter.

Whats your take on using magic to attack? You know, having a flickering blade feat and using it offensively as say a ranged magical attack? I recently played a Helamakt pre gen character at a con and stood on the hillside battering broo with my killer rain feat. I really enjoyed that, and my ability with that was better than my close combat!

My current group seem happy to run up and try and pulverise things, but I wonder if that is my GM'ing? Just thinking aloud really...what do other people do?

I must say my primary inspiration here on the use of Gloranthan Feats is the Gwandor write ups on Wesley Q's site.

Regards
Rob