Re: Re: The "use it once in a lifetime" skill

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:36:28 -0400

Oh, agreed completely. I would definitely make it an exception, charge at LEAST as much as a fetish, and make very clear to the person having it that it is an exception.

And they certainly wouldn't have more than one, something which a practicioner can do. (IIRC) In a way, I have a similar problem with my player who has a poweful but poorly controlled magic item (the Banestaff). He's put it in his background, vague and undefined. On one level, it is just any other ability at 13. On the other hand, it supposedly holds horrible, horrible amounts of power.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this. If this thing can level a city (not that I've decided it can) then the 13 is somewhat problematic, isn't it?