Re: Healers in Swenstown

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:40:22 -0700

> A quick Q on resistances, then. We're told that feats
> have to be exactly applicable to the situation (or
> take modifiers, presumably). We're also told that the
> resistance to magical healing, for a Dying patient, is
> 14. But the CA Feat "heal dying" (ST p39) has a "5W"
> next to it. So when does that 14 apply?

HQ overrules HW (And ST is a HW product).

Note that the healing ability has to be pretty exactly named - a "Heal Injury" ability does *not* get the 14 resistance if the subject is Dying, or Impaired for that matter. "Heal Broken Bone" won't get 14 vrs a slash or puncture, etc.

> > So the vast majority of the healers in Swenstown
> > aren't going to be
> > instantaneously healing anybody. Some will get lucky
> > with a feat (getting a complete Success
>
> 5W2 ability say (competent god-talker) v a resistance
> of 14, a Complete won't be *that* uncommon?

Not all healers are in that class. Sure, the non-Capital-H-Hero top of the line ones are, but there are apprentices, and journeymen, and those with only one mastery, just like there are low-grade warriors, or traders, or stickpickers.

RR
- Richelieu