Re: Re:Pagan vs. Heathen

From: Paul King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:08:13 +0000

On 24 Jan 2007, at 22:03, Mike Holmes wrote:

> I don't have ILH2 yet. So I'm not sure about the details of the
> religion (I
> work off of Nick Brooke's speculative work). I'm assuming that
> they're sorta
> Malkioni at least, however. All of the official stuff I've seen say
> they
> are. Is it the inclusion into the Lunar religion - the association
> with
> another otherworld - that pushes them into the Infidel category?

There's nothing specific on Carmanian in ILH-2, ILH-1 covers the Carmanian religion. The Carmanians are mainly theistic. They may be notionally monotheistic but it will often be a judgement call whether "heretic" or "pagan" fits better. The Waertagi are similar, but I think more inclined to "proper" monotheism.

The Lunar religions are a whole different ball game. I would be tempted to take the easy way out and treat them all as theists for this specific purpose, even those whose magic is "sort-of-wizardry".