Re: Tricky situations List

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:21:04 -0000

LC (after Andy):
> > Cases where the hero wants to protect one or more of there
followers after the follower has gotten involved in the contest. So the hero could die but the follower could live.

> That's an interesting one. I don't think I've ever encountered it.

Actually, this is an area where I think it ould be interesting to have the hero go down (excuse my French) but the follower remain standing in an extended contest. I never feel particularly happy when a follower gets knocked out, because they are often interesting characters. The follower saving the hero is an interesting situation too and I think a very common occurrence in fiction.

(The monkey sidekick ability, Save the Day at the Very Last Moment, comes to mind.)

Sam.