Re: Non-Exhaustive Augmenting

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:19:26 -0000

Kevin McDonald wrote:

> At the risk of breaking the "me too!" list etiquette taboo, I just
> want to chime in to say, well, me too!

In this case, I think it's both constructive and instructive to add to the "me too" list. I was reading the posts where people were suggesting artificially limiting the number of augments players could bring to bear, which is counter to the spirit of the game as written, and thinking that they should just limit the number of individual, specific character abilities instead, which is exactly *within* the spirit of the rules.

By the way, this interpretation of keywords also handles the matter of duplicate abilities rather well. If keywords aren't broken out into lists of abilities, then there's no need to fret over the cumulative implications of specific abilities that appear in multiple lists.

!i!