Re: Man Rune

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:54:26 -0000

I would suspect (not having seen the new magic rules) that a Troll with the Darkness Rune would find it easier to interact with Darkness Spirits than with Fire, Water, Air, etc Spirits.

So Heortling Spirit Worshipers are rare, but those that do exist tend to follow Kolat (for men) or Serendosa (for Women) because they "fit in" with their Air or Earth runes.

Another suspicion is that "normal" practitoners can generally only contact/deal with spirits that match their personal runes and are known to their practice (So if Gorakiki is represented by "Beast" and "Darkness", A troll without the Beast Rune could only use her "Darkness" Spirits, while a Praxian with "Beast" but not "Darkness" could ony use her "Beast" Spirits).

I'm not really so clear how Personal runes might interact with "Essence" magic (Wizardry/Sorcery) - hopefully when we get to see the actual rules things will become clearer...