(unknown charset) Re: Magic weapons and minimaxing

From: (unknown charset) Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:01:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Jonas Schi[ISO-8859-1] ött wrote:

> I do have one real question, though: it's about how hero cults work now.
> If such a cult provides an affinity, what does it take to get
> devotee-level access to it? Do you have to devote yourself only to that
> hero and remain an initiate of your main cult? That would seem like a bad
> deal. Or does the hero cult replace your subcult, so that you still
> worship it under an aspect? I'm not going to ask about secrets, since
> it's flatly stated numerous times that you can only know one of those...

As far as I can see, nothing has changed. If you devote to a hero cult you only get access to that cult's affinity. On the other hand, you get to learn the secret faster. I'd say that this is pretty rare now. Thunder Rebels implies you would normally devote to a hero cult as a sub-cult of an aspect of a diety. (Complicated enough?) This gives you access to three affinities, but slows your progression to learning the secret.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net