Re: otherworlds and HQ Hijacking

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 15:13:24 -0000

Especially if you know what the target is doing... Doing predictable heroquests is lethal.

And the Heortlings _always_ do a Summons of Evil as a part of the adult intitiations and as a part of the short-Lightbringer quest.

Its like hanging out a magical 'kick me' sign. Its something you DO but its dangerous when your enemytakes advantage of your ritual brashness.

This is probably what happened to Kallyr in 1625 (?) when a lunar Jar-eel cultist showed up in mid-heroquest and turned Kallyr's folks into a random encounter (and much fish-paste).

> Could do: would a Nysalor Illuminate fit the bill? (Usually mystics
> get shafted on any otherworld; so how about an anti-mystic?)

Or you use a ritual to enhance the 'suitability' of someone to take the role of a foe you know is doing the heroquest (see above)

> Also, that's Jar-Eel the Razoress performing one of the best-known
> examples (spiritual dismemberment of the Pharaoh). She's scary.
>
> > do they just have massive support backing them up,
>
> That, too: think of all those Dara Happan commie worshippers with
> nothing better to do with their time.

Yep. Organization. It reallly does let the less mgically ept (I think) Dara Happans apply their greater numbers with considerable effeciency.

> > or some other perfidious chaotic trickery?
>
> That, too, most likely.

Well, duh. =)

Of COURSE they use chaotic trickery. They are Lunars! =)

Jeff