Re: Re: heroband wyter

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:57:32 -0500

Nick Eden wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:31:28 -0000, Mark wrote:
> >FWIW, I understand that hero bands and guardian entities are going
> >to be a much more central theme in HW2, with more detailed
> >guidelines on acquiring and using them.
>
> Cool, I rather like the concept, even if they do feel a bit like other
> superhero teams in a Fantasy game.

A wyter for the Fantastic Four? =)

> Reckon there's any market for a book of Hero Bands, U:tToG style? I
> would image that one could fit at least 32 into such a book with
> adventure ideas and 'how to use this as a basis for a campaign' notes.
> I'd buy it.

I think that's a rather good idea. The problem is breaking the resources free to work on it. I don't think there were that many responses to the 'Hero Band' contest. That would have been a great source of info.

But yes, give a dozen bands with a 2-3 page writeup and then another score with a half page or so (sort of like Storm Tribe). I think that would work very well. We could end up with bands from all walks of life and magic.

Jeff