RE: Three sentence descriptions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:40:05 +0100

Me:
>> Is  *anyone* actually running the "Sartar Rising"

> >story arc as supplied? In fact, is anyone running the "standard"
> >Orlanthi clan background in the "standard" timeframe?

Mike Gibb:

> Well I intend to use it, but it's some five or so years in
> the future

So that's you five years before it, Jeff Richard a decade before it, me twenty-odd years before it... LC and Rob seem to be around 1619 and the start of Whitewall, Adrian's campaign ditto, but from the Lunar side. No doubt we're all dropping in plot hooks to make it fit in the campaign later, but it's not quite the same, is it?

And two campaigns where it's almost-irrelevant background (Victor Lane and the Swords campaign).

I have actually used one of the scenarios, because you can help the Poss recover their sheep any old time. And if I take over GMing the Swords campaign, we're likely to go to Iceland, but I doubt very much if we'll be following the standard plot.

I *am* using a setting where everyone's from the same clan, and staying home, using the clan as a base. Though since we'd invented it long before HW/HQ came out, the info on how to set up a clan didn't get used much :(

(worried) We're all *enjoying* this stuff. And buying it. Surely someone must be actually using it as designed?