Re: Re: Who else is a Newbie? And other thoughts...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:14:58 +0100 (BST)

> Hey all,
>
> Here's the story. While I've gamed for over a
> decade, I've never
> really heard more than a little about HeroQuest and
> knew even less.

Quick query - you're new to the HeroQuest rule system, are you also new to the Gloranthan universe? It used to be presented through the RuneQuest system. Looks like you are, but I thought I'd just check.

> I didn't get through the first review before I
> decided I wanted this
> thing, and the second review just completely sold me
> on it. I'm out to pick up HeroQuest today.

Good move!

> What advice/info/tips can you give someone who's
> just getting into HQ?
> It seems to have a strong community vibe, and the
> cultural flavor is obvious. What else?

Well to start with, welcome to the tribe! HQ and Glorantha in any system has a *lot* of support from its fan base, and a lot of us actively enjoy helping out new friends with their games. As others have said, ask away, no matter how small or trivial the question may be.