The Raven: Killing Moon

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:34:29 +1000

Red Moon. Fog. Creeping Chill. A sentry shivers. In the predawn stillness, a ghost flute is heard, steadily approaching. Squad men stumble from their tents, form a hasty wall, blink back sleep. Out of the fog, the keening flute, and the steady thump of sword on shield. Silhouettes lummed in red: death runes aglow. The cry goes up, in terror, "Humakti!". The Death Bird strikes.

 From cliff of shadow, three ravens, hungry. Famished flesh shall feed.

In the Questlines Gallery, a Heortling humakti and raven allies, created to illustrate my short story, 'The Raven Speaks'. (1200 by 900 (wallpaper format), 383K JPG)

http://mythologic.info/questlines/art.html#raven

http://mythologic.info/questlines/new.html

Cheers

John

(If you have any viewing difficulties, please drop me a line offlist).