Re: World changing heroquests

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:07:10 -0500

Roland wrote:

>[Michael Schwartz objects to my use of the word 'rant'
>to describe his rant regarding God Learnerism.]

Touche. <chuckle>

>I rather think the Gift Carriers are done with. I prefer
>the idea that the 'cosmic immune system' (nice turn of
>phrase there) operates differently every time it 'acts'.

I am certain in Glorantha, at least to the God Learners and those few who have explored down that ill-starred path, that the phrase "cosmic immune system" (thanks for the compliment) is considered synonymous with "Gift Carrier". :)

>Keeps those same historians on their toes, no?

The first time I read this, I saw the word *sane* rather than "same". I think it works better that way, don't you? :)

>>[suggestion by me that the Red Emperor got his ticket
>>punched by irate agents of the Cosmos]
>
>Another good idea.

I am certain the idea occurred to someone else, at some point. They just have not mentioned it in any online forum within my experience (which is not perfect and universal, alas).

>The real trick is to allow and encourage creativity and
>innovation in myth yet still enforce terrible vengeance
>on those who stray over the line.

Like the Gift Carriers, we are forced to rely on completely subjective criteria. Let Maximum Game Fun rule, I say. But then, my gamemastering philosophy can be summed up nicely as "Give the characters' their every heart's desire... then threaten to take it away and see how they react." :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and