Re: Wasp riders of the rockwoods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_XiC5f930kCwDJWTYGI3H50LQR36Or8APImoU6IkCoOte6ofpC8AC-MqOYaVfoft0lxy>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:01:18 +1300

At 03:11 a.m. 29/01/2009, you wrote:

>Does anyone know the origins of the wasp riders and what, if anything, they
>were up to in the second age?

         Isalla, the giant wasp queen, fled from the servitude of Sensaronsaron to

         settle in the [Wasp's Nest] during the Dawn Age.

I dunno who Sensaronsaron is but I'll hazard the guess that it's somebody from the Bee Tribe of Dagori Inkarth. As for what they were doing in the Imperial Age, Glorantha: the Second Age has a sidebar about the Lordly Forests in which the bigwings of the EWF go to hunt the Beasts of Falsity, insectoid mammals. Perhaps the Wasp Riders were originally one of the Beasts of Falsity who became Man and Wasp like the Centaurs did during the Inhuman occupation.

--Peter Metcalfe