Re: Zorak Zoran (was Death Rune and creating undead)

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_hh4qFgZaljsDGPJIvQ-vofZQkosfZg6hbl9I7maxzfvkGMlp6ho41dWvIewE>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:08:52 +0000 (GMT)

I thought the traditional  explanation for Zorak Zoran's power over fire is that he stole it from Yelmalio (at the Hill of Gold?). Thus Zorak Zoran's power over fire is derived from a famous victory that he claimed for Darkness over Fire, rather than from any direct tie he ever had to Fire in his own right.
This also explained  why Yelmalio no longer has power over fire, and possibly also why Yelmalions don't put red blankets on their horses whereas Zorak Zoran cultists often wear red (if my recollections from Cults of Prax are correct)
Though I am still intrigued by the theory that Zorak Zoran might be one aspect of another god entirely ...who is it?
Richard Hayes

From: philbert6000 <philbert6000_at_0H1msP2azJBsGSIPA6Edr2N9NDraH45dpmD-TtWwBixwemnClOEwne7332Dg4hYdstyJkCyC67tN6RXoNo-0kw.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Death Rune and creating undead To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 29 January, 2009, 4:53 PM

ZZ is a part of another god, who the trolls call Zorak Zoran. His name gives a hint at who that other god is. Have you every asked yourself why Zorak Zoran is the god of hate? what is he so angry about? What is it in the past of Zorak Zoran that makes him THE god of hate? His fire power is from outside of Hell, think about it....

Yahoo! Groups Links