Re: Zorak Zoran (was Death Rune and creating undead)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_NS5yKWBnJQoSTPkv0l-tOWSNnSqrbHVC590i_Jb5pTGASykQdRTd54Uub14_Q2BySz2>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:07:53 +1300

At 09:08 a.m. 30/01/2009, you wrote:

>Though I am still intrigued by the theory that Zorak Zoran might be
>one aspect of another god entirely ...who is it?

Zorak Zoran has many faces in glorantha. IMO in Peloria, his two best known faces are Monster Man, Lodril's evil shadow and Shargash. The people of those lands would deny that those gods are Zorak Zoran and instead claim that trolls worship a perverted form of Shargash or Monster Man.

I don't believe that Zorak Zoran acquired his fire abilities at the Hill of Gold.
To some extent, they were already part of him. But the Hill of Gold was a convenient mythic battleground in which Zorak Zorani could amplify their fiery abilities by beating up a solar deity.

--Peter Metcalfe