Furalori Myths?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_4hNlgoTRIIjNDaTsOjFBiKePsWkcNwlzWyAn1Tcz5mITCDffq0x187jKnYe>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:49:13 -0500

Namaste all:

My Lunars in Teshnos campaign is approaching a close, and, appropriately, we've become interested in the Fifth Fiery Form, Furalor, the Goddess of the Funeral Pyre. As the only female Fiery Form, (until the Seventh comes into being), I can imagine she has a rather complex mythology, being a bridge between Fuel and Flame.

What I'm most interested in at the moment is her origin story. I assume that she was in some ways born into the Fifth World as a mortal, and similar to Grandfather Mortal, was the first person to experience death in Teshnos. In some myths, I can see her being potrayed as a wayward daughter of Zitro Argon/Somash/Calyz who was cursed to consume the dead. Or was becoming the funeral pyre a blessing in disguise? During the Chaos of the Godswar, there was a great need to separate the living from the dead.

Each of the Fiery Forms has a transcendent celestial aspect - "Maha Furalor" so to speak seems to preside over the transmigration process of Teshnan Life Flames. (Though she's not the Judge of the Dead, I believe that's another Face of Somash.)

2nd Age Glorantha gives her more connections to the Fuel Goddess cults, but in the 3rd Age those cults have been forgotten or extinguished.

I've written up a bit of what I've discovered about her here. I'd welcome any comments or criticism.
http://www.aumshantih.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Furalor

-S. Santo Sengupta
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."