Re: Furalori Myths?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_1mygZ47qsX9YUDM1shQgpeLeHVHEAhds-F0IIAdFWyrwXqpAFtIlmSB8-eL8OkQWfhe>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:39:17 +1300

At 03:41 a.m. 20/02/2009, you wrote:

>IMG and IMO Furalori fires have judicial effetcs: when one baths in
>them, if he is burned he is to be reborn;
>if he is not burned he is spared, but not yet ready to be reborn;
>maybe sometimes one is burned and not reborn.
>I have not explored the implications of the latter case, althought I
>admit it may occur.

IMO the Teshnans (or perhaps a distinct group of Teshnans) adopt a Karmic solution. If the criminal perishes during punishment then he is reincarnated into a body of another to have the remainder of the punishment meted out. If the crime was particularly heinous then the criminal is reincarnated into bodies of non-teshnans to be executed repeatedly before being returned to society.

Some karmic punishments are suspended - a Teshnan might have a sentence of "to be impaled when he turns 30" and he could spend his time before then trying to purge his guilt and avoiding the spike.

--Peter Metcalfe