Re: White Bear Empire

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_CdUEYkZmf3kIV2UiBof2xzLz4Jq7PjG6J8m24Mijeft9dpwhCiO_ZqS3A09bo8hBp4v>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:30:49 +1300

At 03:02 p.m. 3/03/2009, you wrote:
> What was the White Bear Empire? It seems to show up a couple of times
>in Fronela. driving out Lunar refugees and the Carmanians from the
>Janube river cities. White Bear seems to be our happy friends to the
>north, but empire?

The White Bear Empire is really a lot of Rathori fighting rather than an actual empire. Normally Rathori sleep all winter but a few may worship the White Bear to remain awake. So when you see sources speaking of the White Bear Empire, what is really happening was a whole lot of Rathori just fought during the winter with fatal consequences for their enemies.

The foes of the White Bear warriors weren't lunars - rather they were the Carmanians oppressing the lunar refugees and other people in the area.

--Peter Metcalfe