Re: July 1st Worldwide Release of HeroQuest 2nd Edition

From: L C <lightcastle_at__8ZtPP7VWceMEg1WXrf4Ee5b_Toymak7S7dVvKK_HraGjAcTOmiZ-nUUKuT5z_qs>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 14:02:53 -0400

donald_at_ECrWgHlBA1UZuTNa9wAt2gT2GA9Hd0Q2D4C450kNZmvm0Wxj3_PHyq5XPzCgpx6uI4NAWd7fNZFa8ynwXNTVmKU.yahoo.invalid wrote:

>So ILH2 got into the pre-ordering system and then that distributor
>decided not to handle it. Possibly explains why HQ is not appearing.

Took me almost 5 months to get it. Admittedly, this was an attempt some time after it had already come out to general release. (I was unemployed for quite some time, and so could not spend money on HQ.) I asked for a copy, since they had one left over copy of Men of the Sea and one of the old Rule book on their shelves, hidden among miscellaneous.

It was in their ordering system. They promised to tell me when it came in. It never showed. Every time I asked, they went and found the order was still there.
The eventually tracked it to the distributor (I forget the name) which had three warehouses and listed it as in their central USA one. Despite processing the order, they had received shipments from that warehouse since then, and the book never showed.

I think I ended up ordering it online in the end.

>Not from me. I have no more connection with Moon Design than you do.

Ack. I know that, too. Why I shouldn't write late at night. *smile*

>The UK position is different because there is one major distributor
>of US published products and they carry pretty much everything that
>gets into the distribution channels. Other countries may work
>differently.

My understanding (which is shallow) is that it isn't that different in the US, with only a few suppliers of any note.

LC